Balboa Park Rube Powell Archery Range Work Party
Sunday, Feb 23rd, 2020
8:00 a.m. – noon
General clean up, weed whacking, raking, sweeping, painting, trash pick-up & more!
Hello Archers of San Diego!
Please join us for a work party this Sunday, February 23 from 8:00 a.m. to noon. We’ll conduct a little Spring Cleaning to dress up our Balboa Park Rube Powell Archery Range.
Start time: 8:00 (or as early as you can make it)
- Supplies & tools (If you have them, we appreciate it when you can bring your own tools!)
- Weed Whacker and String
- Leaf Blower (or whatever tool makes grooming the lanes easier for you)
- Tree Loppers / Pruning Shears / Tree Saw
- Safety Glasses / Face Shield
- Gloves / Long Pants, Long Sleeves and Boots recommended
- Paint brushes / Paint Rollers
- We have a pitchfork, a few rakes & shovels (or bring your favorite!)
- Clear all shooting lanes and areas around targets. This will make locating arrows easier and speed up the shoot.
- Repair/replace bales on the practice range and course targets as needed. (Please do not lift any bales alone. Most of them may be extra heavy due to the recent rain).
- Consolidate green waste near the lower container. We plan to chip all material and use it as ground cover to keep weeds down.
- Use old bale materials to fill in areas prone to erosion.
- Paint over any graffiti on the lower container and bridge.
Extra credit work:
- Clean the club refrigerator and barbecue grill.
We know this is a busy weekend for all of us so it’s okay that all the tasks don’t get finished. Everyone is welcome who can spare some free time to accomplish unfinished tasks on their own time.
Let us know of anything we forgot.
Thanks everyone! We really appreciate your help.
Remember, bring work gloves, sturdy shoes, if you have them. Safety goggles (if you are weed whacking).