⇒ View / Download Registration Waiver
⇒ View / Download Balboa Park Map
⇒ View / Download the Rube Powell Balboa Park Range Map
⇒ View / Download the Animal / Field / Hunter Yardage Stakes Chart
⇒ View / Download the Tournament Registration and Bow Style Flowchart
⇒ View / Download Morley Field Range Map
- All of our shoots are open to the public.
- All archers of all skill levels are welcome.
- You do not have to be a member to participate.
- You must bring your own archery equipment.
- The San Diego Archers host two tournaments each month, on the 1st & 3rd weekends.
- Most tournaments are on Sundays, unless another planned event blocks entrance to the range. Check the calendar for the latest shoot information.
- The registration table is open between 7:30 am – 8:30 am.
- Shooting will commence at or immediately after 9 am.
- Preregistration is required for all shoots (pay online only):
* Novelty shoot registration fees and start times may vary.
What to expect when you arrive at a San Diego Archers Rube Powell Balboa Park Archery Range event before 8:15 am
The small parking lot closest to the Rube Powell Balboa Park Archery Range, called the Alcazar Parking Lot, is usually full by 8:15 am. The Organ Pavilion Parking lot is the next closest lot.
When you step up to the registration table, you’ll be asked to sign a paper waiver, read the safety brief on the back of the waiver, pick up your scorecard; then head over to the practice area with your gear.
Yes, waivers must be signed for everyone stepping onto the archery range during a tournament, including all guests.
Looking to join a group?
Surprising fact: Most archers enjoy talking about their bow and equipment. 🙂
To keep wait times at each target down to a minimum, we ask that you shoot in groups of 3 to 5 persons when possible. Yes, pets are allowed on the range (safety check—no pet running or wandering the range off leash allowed).
While warming up in the practice area, be sure to strike up a conversation with others shooting bow styles similar to your own; and ask them whether you may join their group. If you are unable to find a group to shoot with, ask one of the friendly volunteer staff members for assistance.
Once your group of 3 to 5 persons is set, walk back to the whiteboard just behind the registration table. Enter the name of each person into an unoccupied starting target number stake on the whiteboard. You’ll be walking to that target number stake right after the target briefing, which begins around 8:40 am.
Following the briefing, you’ll walk to your starting target number. When the Balboa Park Bell Tower chimes at 9:00 am, the shoot officially begins.
Groups, Etiquette, Expected Turnouts and Posting Your Score Online
Once you and your group have Read more...