The San Diego Archers
Will host the Hunter Round
This SUNDAY, November 15, 2020
Registration is all online. Follow the links to register for the tournament, get a start time and pay online for entry. (LINKS HERE)
Remember to bring your mask and maintain social distancing!
The Hunter Round includes:
28 2D Paper Hunter Targets
4 Arrows per Target
Maximum Score: 560
The Hunter Round is a field archery tournament of 28 2D paper targets firing 4 arrows per target from RED colored stakes. There are 3 scoring zones on each target. Each arrow scores either 3 points for the outer black ring, 4 for the middle black ring or 5 for the center white ring. There is a center X ring to the inner 5 point zone.
Add up each arrow’s score to give a total score out of a maximum 560.
Yardages are marked and are in ‘uneven’ increments (not always in multiples of 5 yards) from the target from 33 feet up to 70 yards.
Targets may have different shooting positions:
1) All four arrows shot from one marked stake.
2) “Fan”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake spread in a fan pattern, with each stake at the same distance to the target.
3) “Walk-Up”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake at decreasing distances to the target. For example, one arrow each at 45, 40, 35, 30 yards, or two arrows each at 45 and 40 yards.
- Under 15, the longest distance is 50 yards.
- For Cubs, under 12, the longest distance is 30 yards.
Entry Fee: Active Duty and Retire Military Shoot for Free this Weekend
$10 for SDA members
$15 for non-members.
Please arrive at the Balboa Park Archery Range prior to your registered start time and link up with your shooting party. Be ready to go when it is your time; check the timesheet. If we can get you started early, that would be good too.
Once you’ve completed shooting, you may post your score in real time here.
Check how you did with others in your same bow class and age group here.
If you would like to fill out the Membership Application and Waiver Form in advance, please click on the links below to Read more...