The San Diego Archers
Will host the Hunter Round
This Sunday, March 19, 2017
At the Balboa Park Rube Powell Archery Range
Registration opens at 7:30am
Registration Closes at 8:45am
Shoot begins at 9am
The Field Round includes:
28 2D Paper Hunter Targets
4 Arrows per Target
Maximum Score: 560
No Rangefinders allowed
The Field Round is a field archery tournament of 28 2D paper targets, firing 4 arrows per target from WHITE colored stakes for a total of 112 arrows. There are 3 scoring zones on each target. Each arrow scores either 3 points for the outer black ring, 4 for the middle black ring or 5 the black bull’s eye. There is a center X ring to the inner 5 point zone.
Add up each arrow’s score to give a total score out of a maximum 560.
Field Rounds are at ‘even’ (5 yd) distances up to 80 yards, with the shortest distances measured in feet.
Targets may have different shooting positions:
1) All four arrows shot from one marked stake.
2) “Fan”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake spread in a fan pattern, with each stake at the same distance to the target.
3) “Walk Up”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake at decreasing distances to the target. For example, one arrow each at 45, 40, 35, 30 yards, or two arrows each at 45 and 40 yards.
- Under 15, the longest distance is 50 yards.
- For Cubs, under 12, the longest distance is 30 yards.
$10 for SDA members & Active Duty Military
$15 for non-members.
Please arrive at the Balboa Park Archery Range with plenty of time to register.
Paper shoots may be canceled due to heavy rain (Animal, Hunter, Field Rounds).
3D Shoot are NOT canceled because of bad weather!
If you would like to fill out the Membership Application and Waiver Form in advance, please click on the links below to print the forms.
Turn in the forms with payment at any tournament registration or mail to:
San Diego Archers
PO Box 2205
La Mesa, CA 91943
Don’t know your specific bow style? Check out this great chart from CBH!