The San Diego Archers
Will host the Field Round
SUNDAY, December 20, 2020
At the Balboa Park Rube Powell Archery Range
Please review the how to register online page before attending this tournament.
• Register online – Shoot times run from 7:30am to 11:00am.
The Field Round includes:
28 2D Paper Field Targets
4 Arrows per Target
Maximum Score: 560
The Field Round is a field archery tournament of 28 2D paper targets, firing 4 arrows per target from WHITE colored stakes for a total of 112 arrows. There are 3 scoring zones on each target. Each arrow scores either 3 points for the black outer ring, 4 for the white middle ring or 5 the black bull’s eye. There is a center X ring to the inner 5 point zone.
Add up each arrow’s score to give a total score out of a maximum 560.
Field Rounds are at ‘even’ (5 yds) distances up to 80 yards, with the shortest distances measured in feet.
Targets may have different shooting positions:
1) All four arrows shot from one marked stake.
2) “Fan”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake spread in a fan pattern, with each stake at the same distance to the target.
3) “Walk Up”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake at decreasing distances to the target. For example, one arrow each at 45, 40, 35, 30 yards, or two arrows each at 45 and 40 yards.
Our younger shooters:
For Youths (12-14 yo), the longest distance is 40 yards.
For Cubs (11 yo & under), the longest distance is 25 yards.
$10 for SDA members & Active Duty Military
$15 for non-members.
Registration is all online. Follow the links to register for the tournament, get a start time and pay for mulligans, doe tags and entry. (LINKS HERE)
• Visit our Pay Online Options page.
• Paper shoots may be canceled due to heavy rain (Animal, Hunter, Field Rounds). While 3D Shoots will NOT be canceled due to bad weather!
• After tallying your paper scorecard, submit your score online at https://sandiegoarchers.com/scoring
Please submit your score online to be included in participation records. Your paper scorecard is still needed for error correction and backup purposes.