The San Diego Archers
Will host the Hunter Round
SUNDAY, July 11, 2021
At the Balboa Park Rube Powell Archery Range
• Shoot times run from 7:30am to 11:00am. You’ll be given an opportunity to select your groups shoot time when registering for the tournament.
The Hunter Round includes:
28 2D Paper Hunter Targets
4 Arrows per Target
Maximum Score: 560
The Hunter Round is a field archery tournament of 28 2D paper targets firing 4 arrows per target from RED colored stakes. There are 3 scoring zones on each target. Each arrow scores either 3 points for the outer black ring, 4 for the middle black ring or 5 for the center white ring. There is a center X ring to the inner 5 point zone.
Add up each arrow’s score to give a total score out of a maximum 560.
Yardages are marked and are in ‘uneven’ increments (not always in multiples of 5 yards) from the target from 33 feet up to 70 yards.
Targets may have different shooting positions:
1) All four arrows shot from one marked stake.
2) “Fan”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake spread in a fan pattern, with each stake at the same distance to the target.
3) “Walk-Up”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake at decreasing distances to the target. For example, one arrow each at 45, 40, 35, 30 yards, or two arrows each at 45 and 40 yards.
- Under 15, the longest distance is 50 yards.
- For Cubs, under 12, the longest distance is 30 yards.
$10 for SDA members & Active Duty Military
$15 for non-members.
Registration is all online. Follow the links to register for the tournament, get a start time and pay for mulligans, doe tags and entry. (LINKS HERE)
• Paper shoots may be canceled due to heavy rain (Animal, Hunter, Field Rounds). While 3D Shoots will NOT be canceled due to bad weather!
Please submit your score online. If you choose to not submit your score online, your participation in the tournament may not be recorded. Your paper scorecard is still needed for error correction and backup purposes.