The San Diego Archers
Will host the Hunter Round
SUNDAY, November 13, 2022
at the Rube Powell Balboa Park Archery Range
On the day of the shoot, visit the visitors table between 7:45 am to 8:30 am. Sign the paper waiver form for each participant and pick up a blank scorecard before entering the practice area. Speed up registration by printing and signing your waiver form now?
Range briefing will begin after 8:30 am, and shooting will commence after 9 am.
Volunteers are needed at 7am to help set up and take down targets!
If you’re unable to help set up targets, please help us in taking down and storing the targets at the end of the shoot. Remember: volunteers receive a $15 club credit card to shoot for FREE!
Contact us by filling out our volunteer form if you’d like to help.
The Hunter Round includes:
28 2D Paper Hunter Targets
4 Arrows per Target
Maximum Score: 560
The Hunter Round is a field archery tournament of 28 2D paper targets firing 4 arrows per target from RED colored stakes. There are 3 scoring zones on each target. Each arrow scores either 3 points for the outer black ring, 4 for the middle black ring or 5 for the center white ring. There is a center X ring to the inner 5 point zone.
Add up each arrow’s score to give a total score out of a maximum 560.
Yardages are marked and are in ‘uneven’ increments (not always in multiples of 5 yards) from the target from 33 feet up to 70 yards.
Targets may have different shooting positions:
1) All four arrows shot from one marked stake.
2) “Fan”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake spread in a fan pattern, with each stake at the same distance to the target.
3) “Walk-Up”: Each arrow shot from a different marked stake at decreasing distances to the target. For example, one arrow each at 45, 40, 35, 30 yards, or two arrows each at 45 and 40 yards.
• For Youths (12-14 yo), the longest distance is 40 yards
• For Cubs (11 yo & under), the longest distance is 25 yards.
$10 for SDA members & Active Duty Military
$15 for non-members
• Preregister and pay online now?
• Print and bring along a signed waiver?
• Receive a $15 Club Credit (shoot free) by volunteering?
Paper shoots may be canceled due to heavy rain (Animal, Hunter, Field Rounds). While 3D Shoots will NOT be canceled due to bad weather!
After tallying your paper scorecard, submit your score online at https://sandiegoarchers.com/scoring
Please submit your score online. If you choose to not submit your score online, your participation in the tournament may not be recorded. Your uploaded or paper scorecard is still required for verification purposes.